Post from Global Call for Climate Action – please respond to Joshua if you have any questions
Join the world’s biggest climate change writing movement for a chance to be part of the Adopt a Negotiator COP21 team in Paris this year! This is a huge year for climate action. Almost every country on earth is in the midst of preparing its national climate action plans before a new global climate treaty is revealed in Paris this December.
- Throughout this year, we want to work with you to shape your government’s climate action plans.
- We want to connect you with our partners and peers, working on these issues around the world.
- And we want to help ensure your voice is heard in national debates about why and how we respond to climate change.
We also want to give you the chance to be selected for a fully-funded Fellowship to join our Adopt a Negotiator team at COP21 in Paris later this year.
In 2014, young people from more than 70 countries joined our Climate Tracker program. Together, they published close to 400 articles in mainstream media around the world, all calling for stronger action on climate change.
We awarded Fellowships to some of the most influential participants, and sent them to Lima to track the COP20 climate negotiations.
We’re planning to do the same this year. Could you be one of our Fellows to track COP21 in Paris?
To help you sharpen your skills and realize your potential, we’re building on last year’s Climate Tracker program, hoping to bring its impact to the next level.
We want to support you to put pressure on your country to improve its action to combat climate change.
This year’s plans include:
- Global and regionally focused trainings and briefings on key moments and opportunities – in English, Spanish, French, Mandarin and Arabic.
- 3 Global #Call4Climate Action opportunities: We helped create a massive buzz around the People’s Climate Mobilization last year. This year, we’ll do it again, and again, flooding the media with calls for climate action that leaders can’t ignore.
- We’re also rolling out a number of small and strategic Climate Tracker opportunities to help you dig into the issues closest to your hearts. With more stories shared across the media landscape, we’ll work together to push these issues to the top of the political agenda.
What is the Climate Tracker program?
Our Climate Tracker program aims to support young and passionate people eager to write about the most important climate issues affecting their country. This includes a series of trainings with leading climate change communicators, journalists, strategists and practitioners working on the front lines.
We also offer editorial support, workshops on pitching, and directly help you reach out to some of the biggest media in your country, and the world.
When does it all begin?
We’re launching our first global training on April 30th.
We’ll also launch our first Global #Call4Climate Action in May.
This will be the first of a number global calls for climate action aimed at making your voice heard on these crucial issues throughout the year.
Apply before April 30th for your chance to join our first global training and join us on the path to Paris! Based largely on your participation throughout the coming months, we’ll award funded Adopt a Negotiator COP21 Fellowships In September.
Who is eligible?
Our Climate Tracker program is geared toward young people, but open to any age.
Adopt a Negotiator COP21 Fellowships are open to applicants between the ages of 18-30, who are able to attend the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris (30 November – 11 December).
If you have any questions, contact me at email@example.com.